AG authorizes proscription of eleven Islamic Organizations
The Attorney General has authorized the proscription of eleven organizations connected to Islamic extremist elements.
Accordingly, the government is likely to proscribe eleven such organizations shortly.
The organisations to be banned are as follows:
1. United Thowheed Jamaath (UTJ)
2. Ceylon Thowheed Jamaath (CTJ)
3. Sri Lanka Thowheed Jamaath (SLTJ)
4. All Ceylon Thowheed Jamaath (ACTJ)
5. Jamiyyathul Ansaari Sunnaththul Mohomadiya (JASM)
6. Dharul Adhar @ Jamiul Adhar
7. Sri Lanka Islamic Student Movement (SLISM)
8. Islamic State of Iraq & Syria (ISIS)
10. Save the Pearls
11. Super Muslim